Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tomb Raider Temple

So this was the tomb where they shot Maura Croft: Tomb Raider. No preservation work was done on this temple and the elements just moved in.

Cool tree roots eh?


This woman was the bomb! She was a bhuddist monk handing out incense at a place considered holy within the crumbling structures. Other places had folks handing out similar (with the requiste donation bowl) but this woman offered a prayer as I closed my eyes in appreciation and prayer. (No, I don't think she was telling my hat looked funny)


Orange robes are for novices, red robes for monks.

I just see Laura running out now, guns blazing...
throwing me the secret orb that the bad guys were about to steal...

OK, OK I admit there were other people there with us too...

Angelina Jolie's weird 3rd cousin 1 million times removed...nice lips though...

Cool eh? This was buried inside one of the tree roots. It was worth the $30 we paid for the guide just for this shot...it was in an obscure place in the temple...

On our way out was a band playing. It was cool to listen to as we walked on a jungle road into the temple. Turns out they were all people who had been injured by land mines left by a variety of armies in a variety of wars. Check out the guys leg lying beside him.

This got tiring after awhile. Opening prices varied during our tour.

No comments: