I am posting pics of cool or unusual VW's I see...

There is a mechanic shop down the way from where we are staying in Siem Reap, Cambodia. I saw the mechanic and he gave me a run down of what he'd done.

The engine is from a Diatsu (sp?), the rad is from a Polish car. He's hoping it will provide enough cooling. The size was right. The air filter is a piece of foam. The battery looks like it's from a motorcycle. Looks likes mechanics rival Mexico. Be creative and make it work...

This one is a 79 for sale for around $4000. It has air conditioning with a 1700cc engine. Thank god it's hard to go over 60 km/hr on Bali.

This one is cool. The roof has taken out and replaced with a teak grid. I first thought it was a open air transporter but there are no seats inside. I remember buying some teak once. Based on the price I paid in Canada the teak on this bus is probably worth more than the van...
No comments:
Post a Comment