Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bali: Day One. Our hotel is over the top! But hey, we're millionaires!

Currency here is too funny. There are 10,000 Balanese Rupi to one Canadian dollar (+/-). We took out about $150 CND last night from an ATM and got $1.5 million Rupi. We're rich! That being said dinner last night was $192,500 Rupi, but worth every penny. The Tuna Cappochi was SO good I could die knowing I have had the best tuna in the world. Ever.

The following are gardent shots from around our hotel. There is a pool and a beach that connects to a seaside walk. Dinner last night followed by a late night swim followed by our FIRST non-jet lagged sleep. (We slept through the night and woke up at a normal hour (6:30 am) not the usual 3 am that has been happening since our arrival...

The gateway to the pool.

My little buddy protecting one of the walkways in the hotel compound.

One of the gods making sure we are alright...


As you can see I am well protected and not in danger outside our room.

All of the gods within the compound are Hindu based. I particulary like this fellow. I must find out more about what s/he is all about.
That is all for now. We are in a village called Sanur and are moving tomorrow to the city of Ubud in the mountains. I am blogging Maura is researching places to stay. Adventure awaits!

No comments: