Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hmmm! Good!

-
When we were in Cambodia we saw a street vendor that was selling these sorts of things as night time snacks to an enthusiastic local crowd. My reaction as I walked away was predictable: replused yet intrigued. I thought later when M and I were talking, when else am I going to get the chance? A once in a life time chance came around again last night...

No I didn't get these at 7/11. But the beer I bought to wash them down with did...

First on the list was the grasshopper. It turned out to be the best. (The large sized maggot type larvae was second best and the pupa shaped cocoon the grossest...)

How many times growing up was I told not to play with my food?

Maura is hamming it up for the camera. For her eating critters was old hat, having done it more than once in her earlier travelling excursions to India and SE Asia. She is such an adventurous spirit. (Have to be to put up with me at times...)

No comments: