So we've made it. We are in Ontario. I have a wonderful video of our first campsite. It was one of the prettiest places I have been. I am trying to post it but it is too frigging big. When I find a way to shrink it I will post. Maybe youtube? Regardless, here are some photos of our time travelling across this HUGE province. Right now we are hanging with our good friend Janet at her place in cottage country, north of Toronto. Next week we're off sailing with MW's dad, Don in the North Channel. Just us and Tom Thompson's ghost!

This is the way we start off each day. Kind of nice.

Katherine's Cove on the shores of Lake Superior. The Lonely Planet said "...even if you are on a whirlwind tour, make time to stop here..." So cool. One other couple at the rest stop eating their dinner. They were from Vancouver Island.

This canyon was a bit of a drive off of the highway but worth it. Because of its orientation to the sun and the time it was formed (eons ago) it shares characteristics with the Arctic. Its ecosystem has many of the same plants etc. We ran into a fellow from Thunder Bay that hadn't been there for over 30 years. He asked if the old car was still at the bottom or had it rusted away?

Our last night along the shores of Lake Superior, just outside of Sault St. Marie. On my last trip across Canada we drove this section with valve cover gaskets made from some old corn flakes boxes. Thankfully this trip has been WAY less mechanically inclined. The only hassle has been the weather, as to turn the heat on and off, I need to crawl under the van and wire the heater boxes either open or closed. We turned the heat off in Merritt, on in Edmonton, off in Saskatoon and on again in northern Ontario. Waiting patiently to turn them off again...
No comments:
Post a Comment