Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ontario is Sort of Like Golf...or Fishing...

*
I am starting to get this Ontario thing. Well sort of. I remember hating fishing on the ocean and then dropping a line off of Campbell River with a good friend. I opened a beer, felt the sun on my face and realised that fishing wasn't about catching fish. I remember living on a driving range, collecting golf balls and doing my best to hit them (and not the horses then residing on the field in front as I hooked or sliced balls in every direction). I was fairly entrenched in my disdain of chasing these little balls around large over fertilized lawns. I then went golfing with friends at the Long Beach Golf Course and had a blast inventing a new system of par. (Maybe I'll call it Pargavie, but that is another story).

I have already mentioned what my Western Canadian perspective on Ontario is/was. I am getting that Ontario is like golf and fishing: it's about people, specifically hanging with people you love.

We are now at Janet's cottage. Life is good and full of love.


Lotus flower (actually it's a lily pad, but I love the Bhuddist analogy)

The buds

Happy wife, happy life

Who said you can't go home?

The lake where we are staying

The Janster

No fun allowed. More like fun aloud!


Sunsets are cool!


Life is hard (NOT!)

No comments: