Thursday, August 6, 2009

Carcross Pictures


Back in the 70's I went to an alternative school in Carcross, Yukon. It has been 30 years since it closed down. The Carcross Community Education Center (aka The Hippy School) was a pretty important place/experience for many people. I was one of them. I took off from Toronto to spend the weekend with a bunch of old friends, old hippies. Oh how we have aged, more so, oh how we stayed young...at heart...

The Big Group

The Engineers (We all got/had our 4th Class Stationary Steam Tickets at Carcross)

Doug taking down two caribou...with his bare hands...

Activities included some scary moments, such as "Hippies with Guns" aka trap shooting.

Getting in touch with my inner duck hunter...


Morning coffee...with OLD friends

SOME of my fav folks...

Yoga...a more typical hippie activity...

And now...for the best picture of all, or at least the funniest, possibly the most surprising...
This is me at 18. And no, I AM NOT stoned. Honest. Pinky Swear. (Photo Rick Van Sickle 1977)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What did you spend your haircut money on?

Anonymous said...

loved your pictures
Gerri
(72-74)

CVAS said...

Drum Tobbaco, mostly...